What kind of information does UpBup collect from me? What does UpBup do with it?
- Content includes personally identifiable information for you and your family and those who provide your family with services such as your children’s caregivers. Because you input Content into your own secured account, only to you and other family members who have the password have access to your account. We share the Content with the Providers that you designate. Our Service may include relevant advertising and related links that may be based on the Content you have added to your account. We may provide third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated non-personally identifying information from your Content; such as gender and age of children without additional information that would allow them to identify you or your child.
- Public Content. Public Content includes any information you submit to UpBup outside of your secured account. For example, if you post ratings, comment on our blog, respond to public surveys, or participate in other social media you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users to send you unsolicited messages. This information is Public Content because people do not need a password to access or view this content. This Public Content that you choose to post outside of your secured account is not private. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Public Content you post will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of Public Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your Public Content. All sharing of personally identifiable information by you in the public forums is done at your own risk.
- When you invite someone to use UpBup or to consider an activity available through UpBup using our application or our website, we will ask you for information needed to communicate with that person, such as their email address. UpBup stores this information to send to send an invitation and to track the success of referrals through UpBup. We will not contact people you refer to us other than through this referral email you requested.
- Example of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. UpBup collects anonymous or non-personally identifiable information – information that does not identify you – as you use the Service. Similar to other web services, UpBup automatically records information based on your account activity and use of our site or Services. We do this to improve our Service, and to customize content and advertising. We may share this non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help us operate the Service. Other non-personally identifiable information we may collect includes:
- Generic user information and content (including both Public and Private Content) in the aggregate as you use our Service to analyze our overall user demographics and usage patterns.
- Information from our server logs including information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser details, the date and time of your request and other information about your usage of our site and service.
- Our site may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
By using UpBup, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States
How does UpBup keep my information secure?
UpBup uses several industry best standard methods of securing user information and data. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security technology establishes an encrypted link between UpBup’s servers and your browser so all data is passed is private. All data is stored with 256-bit SHA-2 encryption and UpBup is hosted on a highly secure Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
We also maintain strict limits on who at UpBup can access the information databases that contain your information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the unlikely case of a security breach on our database, we will take immediate steps to resolve the problem swiftly and effectively. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you share my Content with any other third parties?
UpBup shares your Content with Providers. Additionally, UpBup may share your Content with third parties where we believe such sharing is legally required or permitted by you. UpBup will share anonymous information derived from your Content, such as general demographic information about our users and the Public Content they may share.
From time to time we use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the Service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates related to Services from UpBup, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In the future, we may use a payment processing company to collect and process your payment information when you register for Services. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any Content, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the UpBup-specified purposes and requiring the third party to be at least equally as bound as UpBup to protect your Content.
We will respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. If required, we will share Content to comply with these legal requirements without your consent. If we believe it is necessary, we will share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraudulent reviews, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our , or as otherwise required by law.
Will you transfer my information to a third party?
How does UpBup protect information for children under age 18?
UpBup takes the protection of children and their personal information very seriously. We strictly comply with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. UpBup does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for UpBup or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or using UpBup.
In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have collected information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do I access, correct or remove my information collected by UpBup?
You can access, review, and update your Content at any time by logging into UpBup and clicking on your Profile. Generally, you will be unable to remove content from our files if that information has been submitted to Providers. Many Providers are legally required to maintain information about families that use their services. UpBup must retain that information for at least as long as the Providers are legally required to have access to that Content. We seek to provide our Services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
How do I contact UpBup?
DATE: June 21st, 2018